Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blog 7

I did some research online thru the Public Library, and found a book that will help. I reserved it last week and picked it up the other day. I think it will give me plenty of information. It is called “Psychic Detective” by Jenny Randles and Peter Hough. It has a content page so I can look up the information and read about what they think. The next source I have is an article in the The New York Times it is titled “Using Advice of Psychic, Police Hunt for a Body.” I think this article will be some help but not as much as the book. The last of my sources is the magazine called Law Enforcement it has an article about Psychic Detectives, and list some of the most famous people who work with the police. I think this article will help because it has websites for those famous people for me to check out as well.

3 comments:

Stephanie_Lyon said...

I am really looking forward to reading your essay about whether law enforcement should use psychics. I used to watch a show called "Psychic Investigators" where real-life detective thrillers take on a supernatural turn in this documentary series about actual dramatic crimes that are solved through the unlikely combination of hi-tech detective work and the paranormal powers of a psychic. It was a really interesting show. I think that you did an excellent job on your research and I'm looking forward to reading your essay. Good luck on it.

Natalie said...

You and I have chosen the same topic, and like you I am having a very hard time finding information. You stated that you don't like to write in one of your blogs, I personally enjoy writting, but it has to be an interest of mine, this particular topic is not. I have found some research that I may find helpful, but they are all from the internet. I went to the public library, but I could not get into reading about this topic, I found it to be a bit boring. I have also tried to sit and watch the televsion show the "MEdium", again I found it boring. Persoanlly, I am going to try my hardest to complete all the assignments as best possible, however, at this point the only resource I have found helpful is the internet. If you have any suggestions for me, please don;t hesitate to throw them out at me, and I will do the same for you. Good luck on your paper and in the class!

DouglasKo said...

Interesting SN, how you doing today, just posting a some comments on here to catch back up to were I am in my Classes,.....It seems like you have a very good grammatical tense in your writing. I personally have my own believes as does everyone else, and we are all entitled to our own views and thoughts. Don't ever change for anyone,..